Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Ivy's Promise

I know in my heart tonight a feeling of peace.  A light in the corner that glimmers slightly has suddenly burst into full flame and lit the dark corners of my soul.  A reason.  A promise.  A goal.  All these and more formed from evasive broken pieces of thought and grief into a strong resolve!  A powerful shout echoes through the clamoring of guilt and denial in my head.......What is this light?  What is this noise?  My daughters love.  Ivy would not want me to be saddened by her death.  She would not with me pain, suffering and grief.  No!  She would do what she did everytime she saw that I was sad.  She would lay her cheek against mine her soft hair curling around us and tell me she loved me.  Don't be sad Daddy.  So I look at my life.  How am I honoring her memory by burying it in sadness and grief?  Why shouldn't I laugh and feel love at the memory of her running into my arms to be held.  Why not feel the wind fresh on my face and think not of death but of the love she had for her family.  The love that I am resolved to provide in her stead.  How I will make my wifes tears into smiles, my childrens sadness into laughter.

Ivy.  I promise.

Love with happiness in my heart for all the wonder you continue to bring into our lives
Always a proud daddy of Three!
Daddy.

1 comment:

  1. The way you are handling the loss of your sweet Ivy is the greatest tribute or honor you could give her.

    You are right; Ivy wouldn't want you to suffer. No doubt she misses you, as well, but has a more clear understanding of mortality and the time you will be apart.

    Imagine Heaven where Ivy has that knowledge that you will soon be together again, and where our loved ones don't feel the anguish that we do when we part. If we can find that same hope through our faith in our Saviour, then I think the loss may not leave, but changes in nature.

    I know that the Lord has Ivy in his tender care. I know that you, Michele and the rest of your family are also in his care.

    I love you Justin.

    kurt

    ReplyDelete