Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Ivy's Valentine

I knew this one was going to be a tough day.  Valentines, the day you share your heart with the ones you love.  When our twin 6 year old daughters came home today from first grade they each had smiles from ear to ear.  Bags and big candy hearts filled their hands, excitement glowing in each of their eyes.  I was so happy to see them like this, pure innocence and enjoyment from a wonderful day. 

I try not to dwell on my Ivy but it stirs my heart tonight.  Ivy would you be my valentine?  Could my gift be one more day to bask in your love.  One more day to share my heart.  

If I could give you my valentine my dear this is some of what it would contain....A droplet of water shed from my eyes because of pure joy.  A wisp of the warm south wind that has risen off a grove of trees smelling fresh and alive.  A burst of starlight to spread around your hair to catch and twinkle in each curly lock.  The sound of rustling leaves in a quite warm forest glen.  A soft touch of sunset to bathe your face and light your eyes.  And most of all you would feel.......my heart, and the infinite love it holds for you.


As always Ivy 
love Daddy

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of your beautiful family. You are in my heart...
    Kurt

    ReplyDelete